If you have concerns about sharing your new and untold 'story idea' with someone you don't know then you are free to use what is called a NON-DISCLOSURE FORM BELOW located on this website. This is a Standard Non-Disclosure agreement form used by the film industry which states nobody owns the rights to the story that is discussed other than yourself. It further states that your story will not be discussed with anyone other than you, the original story owner. Once the writing is complete you will then register it with WGA and The USA Copyright office in DC before sending it out to be read, reviewed or marketed.
Each of writing stages is accompanied by a separate writing contract that states that you are the original owner of the story idea and all the material no matter how much I help you during the process of developing it or writing it. Each contract states that I am being hired as a ghostwriter for the fee and that I will have no rights to your story idea during any of the stages of the writing or development process. Once the writing project is then completed, you would register it in your name with the WGA and the US Copyright office before sharing it with anyone or trying to market it. NOTE: Contracts are only provided once you are in the process of hiring me as a writer.
This Nondisclosure Agreement (the "Agreement") is entered into by and between; ADD YOUR FULL NAME, with its principal offices at; ADD YOUR FULL ADRESS & ZIP CODE, ("Disclosing Party") and SUZANNE ELIZABETH GILLIS, with its principal office at www.scriptstories.com ("Receiving Party") for the purpose of preventing the unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information as defined below. The parties agree to enter into a confidential relationship with respect to the disclosure of certain proprietary and confidential information ("Confidential Information").
1. Definition of Confidential Information. For purposes of this Agreement, "Confidential Information" shall include all information or material that has or could have commercial value or other utility in the business in which Disclosing Party is engaged. If Confidential Information is in written form, the Disclosing Party shall label or stamp the materials with the word "Confidential" or some similar warning. If Confidential Information is transmitted orally, the Disclosing Party shall promptly provide a writing indicating that such oral communication constituted Confidential Information.
2. Exclusions from Confidential Information. Receiving Party's obligations under this Agreement do not extend to information that is: (a) publicly known at the time of disclosure or subsequently becomes publicly known through no fault of the Receiving Party; (b) discovered or created by the Receiving Party before disclosure by Disclosing Party; (c) learned by the Receiving Party through legitimate means other than from the Disclosing Party or Disclosing Party's representatives; or (d) is disclosed by Receiving Party with Disclosing Party's prior written approval.
3. Obligations of Receiving Party. Receiving Party shall hold and maintain the Confidential Information in strictest confidence for the sole and exclusive benefit of the Disclosing Party. Receiving Party shall carefully restrict access to Confidential Information to employees, contractors and third parties as is reasonably required and shall require those persons to sign nondisclosure restrictions at least as protective as those in this Agreement. Receiving Party shall not, without prior written approval of Disclosing Party, use for Receiving Party's own benefit, publish, copy, or otherwise disclose to others, or permit the use by others for their benefit or to the detriment of Disclosing Party, any Confidential Information. Receiving Party shall return to Disclosing Party any and all records, notes, and other written, printed, or tangible materials in its possession pertaining to Confidential Information immediately if Disclosing Party requests it in writing.
4. Time Periods. The nondisclosure provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement and Receiving Party's duty to hold Confidential Information in confidence shall remain in effect until the Confidential Information no longer qualifies as a trade secret or until Disclosing Party sends Receiving Party written notice releasing Receiving Party from this Agreement, whichever occurs first.
5. Relationships. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to constitute either party a partner, joint venturer or employee of the other party for any purpose.
6. Severability. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall be interpreted so as best to effect the intent of the parties.
7. Integration. This Agreement expresses the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersedes all prior proposals, agreements, representations and understandings. This Agreement may not be amended except in a writing signed by both parties.
8. Waiver. The failure to exercise any right provided in this Agreement shall not be a waiver of prior or subsequent rights.
This Agreement and each party's obligations shall be binding on the representatives, assigns and successors of such party. Each party has electronically e-mail signed this Agreement through its authorized representative.
TODAY’S DATE: _________________________________________
DISCLOSING PARTY: __________________________________________
(ADD YOUR SIGNATURE) (Electronic E-Mail Signature)
Story Owner & Potential Client
RECEIVING PARTY: Suzanne E. Gillis
(Electronic E-Mail Signature)